expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, 15 March 2015

Zentangling Through the Bible - Book 38 - Zechariah


This week, we're up to Book 38, Zechariah.  The books that have longer names are always a challenge to tangle as I try to avoid the tile looking squished.  Looking squished is very possible to do when trying to use nine tangle patterns on a tile, and squish has no place in The Sanctuary.  My art and zentangling all revolves around my imaginary garden called "The Sanctuary", any drawing I do has this feeling at it's core.  The Sanctuary is about space and harmony.  Every pattern has its space to be.  If its next to another pattern, they need to harmonise and blend with each other, they need to compliment each other.  In some of the heavier inked work I do (like Hospital Doodle for example), each pattern or flower compliments it's space and surroundings, it's thick and dense, but the feeling of harmony exists amid the tightness of the work.  This is something I'm very mindful of as I draw and imagining different states of nature helps me, thus the birth of The Sanctuary.

Here's the patterns I've used to make up this week's tile.
Z - Zinger by Zentangle
E - Euca by Anne Marks
C - Cruffle by Sandy Hunter, CZT
H - Henna Drum by Jane MacKugler, CZT
A - Antidots by Anita Roby-Lavery, CZT
R - Rixty by Zentangle
I - Inapod by Carole Ohl, CZT
A - Ansu by Lori Manoogian, CZT
H - Hepmee by Carole Ohl, CZT  

Don't forget that on Sunday 29 March 2015, we begin the New Testament, there has never been a better time to join in the challenge.  Mr Linky is below, all set up and ready to go, so spread the word.

Until next week, the last book of the Old Testament, Malachi
Stay beautiful
Chrissie

Zechariah 7:8-10New Living Translation (NLT)
8 Then this message came to Zechariah from the Lord: 9 “This is what the Lordof Heaven’s Armies says: Judge fairly, and show mercy and kindness to one another.







No comments:

Post a Comment