expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, 4 March 2015

The Diva's Weekly Challenge #207


The first Monday of the month with the Diva is a "Use My Tangle" Challenge and this week, we were asked to give "Unbatz" a go.  Sandy Hunter, CZT, is the clever creator of this great pattern, if you have a moment, stop by her blog and have a browse at www.tanglebucket.blogspot.ca.  As always though, "Unbatz" has to fit in my imaginary zentangle garden, it has to go with the flow, I feel it's settled in quite nicely as this is the first time I've used the pattern.  

Full colour drawing has been on my bucket list for a while, so I thought I would try it for this week's challenge.  I am wanting to move into using more colour this year as I try to master my Copic markers.  I adore these pens, but I have a lot to learn about blending and shading, there is room for improvement.  Please let me know your thoughts, I appreciate all of your comments. 

Until the next challenge
Stay beautiful
Chrissie 




19 comments:

  1. I love your tile, Chrissie. I love my Copics too. You will get sooo hooked on them. It's an expensive hobby, but since they are refillable and so wonderful to use, I think they're worth it. I either use 40% off coupons or order from Carpe Diem where, if you give them your info, you can get them for less than $5.00 each and free shipping over $50 (no, I don't work for them, I just think everyone should save $$$ LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jean, great advice and I know other people who've commented have really appreciated your thoughts on buying Copics. They're worth every cent xx

      Delete
  2. Your colorful tile is a real pick-me-up for me. Here in Philadelphia, we're under a winter storm warning for tonight into tomorrow and even though it's warm (relatively) now, it has also been very foggy and misty all day. I need to check out the refillable pens Jean Chaney mentioned. I think I also need to add more color to my tangling life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne, I'm so glad my tile could cheer you up in the winter. Where I am located is the opposite, the heat is stifling some days and I'm finding it hard to draw because of it. I look forward to seeing some of your colour work xx

      Delete
  3. The colours you've used give your tile a happy and warm feeling. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what beautiful, bright coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely burst of colors and design. I particularly like the small white creature hiding in the garden. Now, of course, I NEED Coptic Markers :-) Thanks for sharing this lovely tile - and thanks, Jean, for the info on how to feed my addiction at a reasonable price :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne, they are addictive pens lol

      Delete
  6. Very lovely and cheerful! I like your feel-good zendala!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lonetta, muchly appreciated xx

      Delete
  7. Coloring like this is a talent...beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lynell, I really appreciate your comment xx

      Delete
  8. I love the bright colors and the tangles you chose, well done! I think I have to buy some copics soon... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOOH! Love it, Chrissie - great colour and a beautiful combination of tangles that work so well together. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool! Love the bright colors and the little critter in the garden. Unbatz fits in nicely as well. This totally brightened my day. Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love very much with colors

    ReplyDelete