expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, 6 February 2015

The "Alphabet Collection" continues


The Letter B took me so much longer than I had anticipated.  It wasn't due to time, I had plenty of it, it was because of the weather.  I live in the "tropics" of Australia and it has been tropical (to say the least)!  Believe me when I say, it has been so hot and humid that you can easily work up a sweat doing NOTHING!!  This is definately not the best weather for working with paper, so I have had to hold off on things until the weather improved.  About a week ago the weather changed and I was able to get back into it full on.  Better late than never hey?

This Letter B was drawn using Unipin Fine Line Markers, Copic Ciao Markers and shaded using Derwent Graphic 12 pencils. The original was drawn on 180GSM Acid Free premium drawing paper.   This is part of a collection of mongram letters (the alphabet) that fuse graffiti and zentangle inspired art together.  The colour work in graffiti is sublime and the elegance of zentangle is beautiful. Creating a collection where they work together, side by side, is unique, different and something I've wanted to do for a while.  Prints, t-shirts, phone cases and other goodies are available through my stores with Society6 and Redbubble.

Until I C ya
Stay beautiful
Chrissie

No comments:

Post a Comment