expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, 18 January 2015

Zentangling Through The Bible - Book 31 - Obadiah


I went back to a traditional string in my zentangle tile today to mark Book 31 of the Zentangling Through The Bible Challenge, Obadiah.  I do zentangle tiles all the time, but it's been such a long time since I did traditional zentangle.  I guess you could say I am a zentangle inspired artist, so much of my work is inspired by zentangle, yet I don't usually work with a string.  A string, however, is a core component of the traditional form of Zentangling.

It's good to get back to your roots though, to get back to where you began, because by taking the time to head back there you can see how far you've come.  By going back you get a picture of your growth, you can see how you're technique and style has developed.  Personally I think my growth has been in the area of shading.  I've feel I've made some significant progress here.  

When was the last time you went back to your roots with your drawing?  If you are genuinely interested in progressing your skills, I'd encourage you to explore the idea at some stage.  Who knows how far you've come, you may feel you've only improved in one area, however after closely visiting your roots, you may realise you have come further than you ever expected.  

To the Obadiah tile, here's what patterns I've used this week;
O - Ocean Spray by Suzanne McNeill, CZT
B - Betweed by Zentangle
A - Antidots by Anita Roby-Lavery, CZT
D - Dex by Zentangle
I - Ixorus by Zentangle
A - Ahh by Zentangle
H - Hollibaugh by Zentangle

If this is the first time you've visited my blog, I'd like to warmly welcome you and thank you for stopping by.  If you like what you see, please follow me, I have lots planned this year, you won't be disappointed.  

Until next week
Stay beautiful
Chrissie

Obadiah 1:21 NLT
Those who have been rescued will go up to Mount Zion in Jerusalem to rule over the mountains of Edom. And the LORD himself will be king!












No comments:

Post a Comment