expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, 11 January 2015

Zentangling Through the Bible - Book 30 - Amos


I'm up to the book of Amos this week and after putting together Amos I ended up with a tile that's a bit off centre.  I would love to just reach in and pick up that centre "Starawn" and align it correctly haha!  

Maybe I'm a bit obsessive compulsive, but I am drawn to symmetry and centredness.  I'm so drawn, that this year I'm enrolling in a course with Coursera to understand Form, Function and Symmetry much more clearly.  The course is called, "Beauty, Form & Function: An Exploration of Symmetry".  Coursera describes it this way;  "Learn how to identify symmetrical forms and appreciate their importance in nature, art, architecture, crystallography and technology. Understand symmetry quantitatively, recognize its role in beauty and design, and appreciate its function in our everyday life".  A little intense, I know, but I am hoping to come away with a greater appreciation of symmetry in nature and architecture.  How this will apply to my art is anyone's guess, but I know I want to understand it more.  

Images like these inspire me, have a look at this magestic symmetry... some made by God and some made by man.  I'm in awe of this beauty <3








I'm looking forward to the course beginning, it starts on the 15th of this month and should really give me an appreciation for symmetry in creation and society.  

As for Amos, here's the tangles I've used;
A - Arc Flower by JJ LaBarbera
O - Onamato by Zentangle
S - Starawn by Judy Murphy

Until next week
Stay beautiful
Chrissie

Amos 4:13 (New Living Translation)
For the Lord is the one who shaped the mountains,
stirs up the winds, and reveals his thoughts to mankind.
He turns the light of dawn into darkness
and treads on the heights of the earth.
The Lord God of Heaven’s Armies is his name!



No comments:

Post a Comment