expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, 4 January 2015

Zentangling Through The Bible - Book 29 - Joel



Quite a few books have been tangled since I last blogged about it. Committing to a challenge as huge as this one has been interesting, to say the least.  There's 66 books in the Bible and I'm planning on tangling each one and at Book #29 (Joel), I'm not even half way through the challenge.  

Here's what I've learned from the challenge so far;

1)  I'm glad I opted for a weekly challenge.  I feel the time in between tangling each tile is just right,  I'm able to rest and reflect and I'm not feeling pressured.

2)  Who would have imagined the Bible could look so beautiful?  A few weeks ago, I took a  screenshot of where I was at with the challenge.  Looking at all the tiles together really gave me a sense of achievement as I feel like I am really able to glorify God through this challenge.  He has gifted me with the talent I have, I want to honour Him with it.  


3)  I'm not bored!  Anyone who knows me really well, knows I have a short attention span and I get bored really easy.  When I started the challenge, Autoneg (the automatic negative voice in my head) tried to convince me I'd get bored and I would end up giving up because of boredom.  After 29 tiles, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get bored any time soon, if anything I'm fascinated by how different each tile looks! 

I'm sure as I continue I'll learn even more about myself.  I'm looking forward to finishing the Old Testament, there is only 10 more books to go.  As for this tile, here's the tangle patterns I've used to create the tile;
J - Jetties by Zentangle
O - Onamato by Zentangle
E - Efilys by Sandra Strait
L - Laced by Mary Elizabeth Martin, CZT

Until next week, stay beautiful
Chrissie

Joel 2:21-24 (The Message)
Fear not, Earth! Be glad and celebrate!
God has done great things.
Fear not, wild animals!
The fields and meadows are greening up.
The trees are bearing fruit again:
a bumper crop of fig trees and vines!
Children of Zion, celebrate!
Be glad in your God.
He’s giving you a teacher
to train you how to live right—
Teaching, like rain out of heaven, showers of words
to refresh and nourish your soul, just as he used to do.
And plenty of food for your body—silos full of grain,
casks of wine and barrels of olive oil

2 comments:

  1. I love how you made a big Efilys and filled it with tangles. Beautiful tile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I've found it really challenging to try and tangle E patterns in different ways. There has been a pattern beginning with E in just about every book I've tangled.

    ReplyDelete