expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Introducing the "Alphabet Collection"

Where to begin with this.... I'll begin by telling you that the "Alphabet Collection" comes with a song, one that will stick in your head for a about a week.  Ever since I began work on the Letter A, I have been singing "The Rainbow Connection", Kermit's version of course.  So to be truly authentic, and have you appreciate the "Alphabet Collection" the way I am, I have put the video of Kermit and his friends singing "The Rainbow Connection" for you to enjoy.  From experience, it should stick in your head for about a week, give or take a day...


Why begin a Collection?  I've decided to work on creating a unique collection of mongram letters (the alphabet) that fuse graffiti and zentangle inspired art together.  I am a huge fan of both styles of art and blending two unlikely styles together is exciting and interesting.  Graffiti is controversial and I have received many comments in the past about drawing in this manner.  For the record, I do not support vandalising property, drawing or painting illegally on any thing, any where, any time, any place.  If you don't own it, and you don't have permission from the owner, don't paint or draw on it.   

With that being said, I couldn't think of a more unlikely pairing, graffiti and zentangle.  The colour work in graffiti is sublime and the elegance of zentangle is beautiful.  Creating a collection where they work together, side by side, is something I want to do.  

Having the option to choose between a singular letter A print or collecting various letters to spell something is what appeals to me about the Alphabet Collection.  My goal is to have the entire Alphabet Collection available online by 30 June 2015.  Prints, totes, bags and other goodies will be available via Society6 or RedBubble.  Below are pics, including some progress pics of my first drawing, now finished and available online.





If you're a new visitor to my blog, please give me a follow, I'd love to have you on board with Chrissie Murphy Designs for all of my posts, I have heaps planned for this year.  The Alphabet Collection is only just beginning!

Until Letter B
Stay beautiful
Chrissie

No comments:

Post a Comment