expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, 29 January 2015

Diva's Weekly Challenge #202


This week the Diva threw out a Duotangle Challenge - Use Chebucto and Copada and see what you can come up with.  I have varied Copada as I wanted to achieve a wrap effect, I've extended the lines to create an encasement of my blue tree.  I think the tree's are beautifully highlighted by the vividness of the yellow in my interpretation of Chebucto.

I had two things in mind this week as I drew; I wanted to play around with blending colours and I wanted to dig deeper with the intensity of my drawing.  I am looking to do this period - it's my goal for 2015, so I am quite pleased with the results.  This tile took about 3 hours to complete, with the background requiring the bulk of the work. 

As I say every week, if you like my work, please follow my blog, I have lots I plan to share this year.  Drawing's my passion, I hope you enjoy it.

Until the Diva decides what we're up to next
Stay beautiful
Chrissie 

17 comments:

  1. What a refreshing tile. I love the bold color and the way you have made the two patterns work in a way that is entirely your own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like how you used Copada, it's so different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done and I love the richness of your colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work, I like the pattern-tree and your use of colour. Looks so fresh and beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... did you do all that black pattern in the back, too? Fab-u!
    Your Copada is totally Cool-pada!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wrapped copada is very effective and your colors make everything pop. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, the bright colors make this a very special zia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! Wonderful colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, warm colours, very nice to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty bright colors - lovely!!
    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/01/diva-duotangle-chebucto-copada-entry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like the colors you used. It really pops off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tile with a really nice, warm feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very beautiful Challenge Tile. Three hours well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful challenge response. Love the color.

    ReplyDelete