expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Diva's Weekly Challenge #200


I'd like to begin by offering my congratulations to the Diva, Laura Harms on her 200th Weekly Challenge, what an achievement!  I'm sending a virtual hug and high five your way Laura, I admire your dedication and devotion to the art of Zentangle, you are a true Ambassador.  

To celebrate the occasion, Laura has challenged us to "monotangle", that is, pick our favourite tangle pattern and use it only to create a tile.  I've chosen Pokeroot, I love it's organic and botanical design, it's a pattern I adore.  Last week I spoke about my imaginary zentangle garden, a place where I get lost in beautiful tangle patterns, how they blend and compliment one another.  Pokeroot is everywhere in my garden, I use it all the time to try and convey a sense of life, it's such an alive pattern reminding me of berries.

This is however the first time I have ever "monotangled" anything, let alone my favourite pattern.  I'm afraid this week's tile is not very adventurous, perhaps the tile shows the pattern in it's simplest form.  I have come to think that this is probably the best way to honour 200 challenges.  It showcases the simplicity of Zentangling, anyone can do it, just pick up a pen and give it a go.

If you're a new visitor to my blog, please give me a follow, I'd love to have you on board with Chrissie Murphy Designs for all of my posts, I have heaps planned for this year.

Until Challenge #201, stay beautiful
Chrissie

22 comments:

  1. Oh, this is lovely, I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. this is truly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this. A full tile of Pokeroot. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jean, makes me want to juice it lol

      Delete
  4. This just made me smile all over my face! It's lovely! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tile, and I like how you created a party tablescape in Laura's honor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy, here's to another 200 with the Diva :)

      Delete
  6. Chrissie all your perky little poke-roots are bunched with elegance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelly, thank you so much for stopping by, I like that you see elegance, you've made me smile xx

      Delete
  7. This is really nice! Beautiful Poke-roots. I would have never known they could look like this. Mine are laughable! I guess I need to slow down and practice, practice, practice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat, yes I believe practice is key too, don't be too hard on yourself though, zentangling is about the process, thanks for stopping by again xx

      Delete
  8. That's a real party you're celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite an occasion wasn't it... onward we go with Challenge 201 :)

      Delete
  9. A monotangle with Pokeroot is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow...just love pokeroot and you have really done it justice on this tile and in your writing as well! Makes me want to monotangle it too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice Poke Root. Great highlighting on this. Like the contrast of the background.

    ReplyDelete